These are my top five favorite photographers in no particular order:
- Bettina Rheims (her book Chambre Close is one of my favorite photo series ever)
- Juergen Teller (known for starting the trendy front flash look, but is far from superficial IMO)
- Erwin Olaf (technically and stylistically amazing yet progressive)
- George Pitts (has an ineffable quality like any master)
- Helmut Newton (along with almost everyone else)
Though not in my top list, Alfred Stieglitz deserves at least a mention. Growing up, my parents had a book of his work that I used to be mesmerized by. I can't even say how much time I spent studying those photos. The only other book I probably looked at more was a giant paperback about Henri Matisse that had to have been a textbook from my mom's college days, because it included almost everything about him. Those two books sparked my fascination with nudity in art.